Thursday 5 January 2012

So new year

Well I know last time I said I would be giving alot more speedy blogs, but twas ze Christmas season of course i was taking a break. I'm just doing a quick blog about the season then I'm off for about another week. I do have some interesting bits and pieces to blog about but its just the hobo in me acting out.

First and foremost I must say that the season went smooth. No hiccups and most shows started on time (i'll get to the late ones after). I must also commend the men and promoters of one show in particular. Lady Foundation and the Mr. Montserrat. For a fairly new (say fairly as apparently there was one before the volcano) it went well. A few bumps here and there but nothing too major to give the show bad ratings. The segments and the performances by the 5 males were superb and must say looking forward to the next one.

Secondly all of the regular shows were done splendid as well. Soca monarch, Queen Show, Princess Show and Calypso. All done splendid and i must comment on Sylk's performance for that night as it was amazing. Finally after so many years of robbing the crown, it is finally on the head of its rightful owner. Claps to the organisers of the different shows and hopes they keep it up.

Now the one bad thing i must say i saw. The closing of festival parade. Apparently this was supposed to start at 3 but instead after 4 they come down. Why do most Montserratians have no sense of time. Well i guess i shouldnt say Montserratians, that would be stereotyping. I'm just gonna say who organised that particular event. No names but I'm sure most know who he is.

But with that i shall get at you people next week. Until then, stay safe and be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment